Fr. Edward A. Sheehy
Archdiocese of Baltimore/San Diego/Paulist
- 1941: St. Mary’s (Biddeford, ME)
- 1942: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (Portland, ME)
- 1943: St. Mary’s (Bangor, ME)
- 1944-1945: St. Anne’s (Dexter, ME)
- 1946: St. John’s (Bangor, ME)
- 1947: St. Anne’s (Dexter, ME)
- 1948: St. Mary’ (Orono, ME)
- 1949-1951: University of Maine (Orono, ME)
- 1952-1953: Mt. Paul Novitiate (Oak Ridge, NJ)
- 1953-1955: Park Street Center (Boston, MA)
- 1955-1957: Old St. Mary’s Cathedral (San Francisco, CA)
- 1957-1959: Missions
- 1958-1962: Blessed Sacrament Church (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- 1962-1963: In Residence (Sick Leave) (San Francisco, CA)
- 1963-1964: Missions (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1964-1968: St. Paul the Apostle (New York, NY)
- 1968-1969: St. Peter’s Minor Seminary (Baltimore, MD)
- 1969-1984: St. Paul the Apostle (New York, NY)
- 1984-1988: Senior Ministry Status (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Edward A. Sheehy
Father Edward A. Sheehy was originally ordained in the Diocese of Portland in 1940. He joined the Paulists in 1950 and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Baltimore, San Francisco, New York, Maine, and San Diego. In 2019, Fr. Sheehy was listed on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of Minors list. In April 2023, Maryland’s Attorney General released a report alleging 156 Catholic clergy members sexually abused at least 600 children over six decades. The report lists the names of the abusers, including Father Sheehy.
According to media reports, the Paulist Fathers received reports in 2003 that Fr. Sheehy had sexually abused young males between approximately 1955 and 1957 in Southern California. The details of the sexual abuse are unknown. In March 2019, he was named publicly as a child sexual abuser on the Paulist Fathers list.
Father Edward Sheehy died in 1988.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.